Thursday, June 2, 2011

granola and yogurt summer.

I'm currently on a night off from Kanakuk, it's been an incredible past two weeks in staff training and kids come in two days! I've been learning how to work with the ropes and summit course, how to more intently study God's word, do a little painting, and even some boat driving.
Sometimes, when I'm at Kamp, I feel so spiritually nourished that it's like trying to drink from a fire hose! I'm learning and being challenged so much, it's awesome and I don't want it to stop!

Right now, I feel like I'm being hit with why "quiet times" are so essential. I feel like I have an attitude towards them that kind of says, "This is the right thing to do." or "I'll feel guilty if I don't have my quiet time" or even "I can't make it through today without it".
But in a very real way, it's putting armor on and reading truth.
Girls, I feel like we are consistently struggling with believing lies. Sometimes, we can't distinguish between God's words, our own thoughts, or the enemy's lies. I often rely on my own logic and understanding to solve a problem and "spiritualize" it. It sounds moral so it must be God's truth. You know?
The past year, I feel like I've slowly been learning to acknowledge God in all my ways, not trusting my own thoughts or understanding about a situation. Quick thought by a wise woman who expressed this very well...

"Herein is solid comfort. Human nature cannot be relied upon; but God can! However unstable I may be, however

fickle my friends may prove, God changes not. If He varied as we do, if He willed one thing today and another

tomorrow... who could confide in Him? But, all praise to His glorious name, He is ever the same. His purpose is fixed, His will stable, His word is sure. Here then is a rock on which we may fix our feet, while the mighty torrent is sweeping away everything around us. The permanence of God’s character guarantees the fulfillment of His promises"



I need God's grace and I would love to grow in discipline to get up every morning and spend intentional time with Him and study His words. I can't trust my own heart but I can trust His! I'm just realizing, even more, my need for intimate time with God.
I am made to be completely dependent on One who is completely sufficient. As Keith Chancey would say with a huge smile, "It's all good!" :)

If you would, pray for Kanakuk this summer? Pray for the staff to depend on Christ, being in constant communication, living a lifestyle on joyful reliance on Him. Would you pray for unity of mind and humble, compassionate hearts for the staff, that we wouldn't talk about each other but that we would edify one another?

Thank you! And now with strength and energy CHRIST provides... let's go summer, GAME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment