Friday, September 30, 2011

Five Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!! There are a lot of things to celebrate today:
~the beginning of the weekend
~the last day of September
~my sweet friend, Bethany, gets married in 21 days
~Homecoming week at Ouachita begins in 3 days
~I have no class today :)

Because this Friday has so much to celebrate, I thought I would do so with Five Friday Favorites. I would love to share with you a few unique/fun/special things that brought a smile to my face this week.

1. Kiss with Confidence Peppermints!




I laughed when I saw this fun and creative treat. I love the vintage picture on the container and the idea. Lets be honest, who wouldn't like a sugar free mint with sweetness and mint flavor to enable them to "Kiss with Confidence??"



(I am now stuck with underlined font and I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know how to turn it off. But I don't want to reload the pictures so I'm not starting over.)

2. Love, Peace, and EEE Tanks


I'm an EEE at Ouachita Baptist University and my pledge sister, Krystal is consistently designing and making awesome EEE tshirts. The latest craze is this tank top. It came in every color of the rainbow, sooo I broke down and got this one as well as a bright orange one that I'm wearing right now! They're suuuuper soft.



3. Seasonal Mini Journals


AH! The underlining turned off! Yes. :) Another thing to celebrate!
Are these journals not precious? I don't have my summer one in this picture because I use it so much, I keep it by my bed. The verses that I'm trying to memorize during the fall or the lyrics, quotes, or lessons that affect me the most during that season are recorded on each page of my autumn journal. Also, I think autumn is the only season that gets two names. Summer, winter, and spring got jipped.

4. My favorite C.S. quotes and coffee with hazelnut creamer.

Again, the mug is evidence that I'm an EEE. I think I actually got it before I even came to Ouachita.
I got the book for my 18th birthday from a wonderful friend back in Columbia, MO. It is a compilation of several of C.S. Lewis' best wrirtings and I absolutely love it. I feel like every time I open it, I'm challenged in a new way. And as for the coffee, who doesn't enjoy coffee with a good book in the morning? :) Especially in a Mickey Mouse mug.



5. My last favorite is.... this guy.

But really, this guy is definitely one of my favorites.

He's my swing dancing partner, my kanakuk krush, that beta boy, a funny ginger who plays video games, one of my best friends, and
I happen to be dating him. So, I may be a little bias but not really :) This week, he was fun and undertstanding in the midst of stress and I can't express how much I appreciate that.





(I'm not totally sure why the underlining is back but it's ok, we'll work with it.)

I hope you enjoyed today's Five Friday Favorites and that you can find five things that make you smile today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment