Saturday, September 24, 2011

simple to special

All wonderful things about autumn...
~pumpkin spice lattes
~the brilliant colors
~soft and warm sweaters and cardigans
~the cool weather
~bright blue skies
~leaf piles
~scarves
~pumpkin and cinnamon in recipes
~boots
~fireplaces and bonfires
~it's cuddle weather

...Even school supplies. Stay with me, I really enjoy that aspect of fall. :)
Shopping for school supplies always seemed to take longer because hardly anything was perfect. I wanted colorful, personal supplies that made me smile when I pulled them out of my bag. I may not be as picky about pens and pencils anymore but when it comes to journals, planners, and binders- I love making them fun and personal. If you're at all like me, it can be hard to find the right thing so here's a craft idea to turn something simple unto something special.
What you'll need for this:
-solid or simple base
-paint brush
-paint
-sharpies (lovvve these)

I was searching through Barnes and Noble for the perfect planner, and the one I found was very organized and easy to use but had a pretty plain, light green cover.


Start by painting a solid space, a fairly different color then the base or cover. For this book, I painted a simple circle in the middle of the planner. One word I'm learning a lot about right now is freedom. ("You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love" ~Gal. 5:13)
I used a white paint pen to write the word, but you could just use a small brush and paint if you're more comfortable with that.



Around and inside space you painted, you could do any design. Find one you love, use one you already know, or just pinterest it. :) This specific design is one that I personally like, and it's really easy to draw! Use a sharpie and sketch your design, creatively using the space!
















I hope this is helpful in making some of your more simple possessions more personal and special to you- to the point where you smile when you use it. It's a little thing that can make your day a little better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment